Financial Assistance

The School of Architecture and Planning and the University at Buffalo offer a range of financial support opportunities for students. Resources range from financial aid to scholarships to student employment.

Financial Aid

Undergraduate students should visit the UB Office of Financial Aid for information on grants, loans, scholarships and work-study opportunities.

New York State residents wishing to be considered for an assistantship must submit either an application for financial aid or a TAP application to the Student Response Center.

Student Employment

All incoming graduate students are considered for teaching, research and graduate assistantships upon admission. Graduate applicants who have both interest and special expertise in a specific position or range of positions, should include those details in their personal statement or through a separate letter to the Admissions Committee.   

  • Current graduate students may apply for research assistantships directly through research centers. The departments select current graduate students to serve as teaching and graduate assistants on a competitive basis. Please also visit the Center for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities to search for current research opportunities in the School of Architecture and Planning. 
  • Current planning graduate students who wish to serve as a second-year teaching assistant should contact the faculty member for whom they wish to serve as a teaching assistant.  The selection process is competitive.
  • Architecture graduate students can expect a call for portfolios and letters of interest in late spring for those interested in serving as teaching or graduate assistants the following academic year.  The selection process is competitive.